Morning of the wedding (Farrah)


Wayne you are my husband, Farrah you are my wife. What? wait say that again. Nope still hasn't sunk in yet.

Hi! It's Farrah. I'm going to try and remember our wedding on Saturday. It's such a blur to me right now, we've waited for it for so long and it just happened in one day, just like that.

The night before I didn't get much sleep, I would put my head down then wake up and remember something I've forgotten to do. My dearest cousins Sara and Sandra from Sydney decorated the stairs with fresh roses and leaves from our garden. Dad also filled the house with roses, every colour you can imagine. I managed to get to bed around 11pm. ouch!

On the day, the wake up call for me was 5:30am, when I heard the alarm I felt like doing a million back flips...but clearly I'm incapable of doing that so I just squealed. The girls and the makeup lady (Vera) and hairdresser Sharon (from beauty247) arrived at 6am. In the mean time, Mum was running around in the kitchen making awesome food platters for us, lots of spring rolls, sausage rolls, meat pies and arabic sweets.

But Mum...it's 6am. She said she didn't have any other time. So cute. That's her middle eastern side for you! food food and more food. I definitely ate a lot at the wedding and made sure I wasn't hungry, thanks for the advice Jacqui.

We set up to get our hair and makeup done in my parents room, we had a small stereo to have music in the background. Jacqui kept singing her Panda song, and eventually we all told her to shutup haha. We still love you Jacqui ;)

Around 8am the flowers arrived, made by the lovely Debbie O'neill who did such a wonderful job. I was so happy with my peonies, roses, berries, ivy and doda vines. It looked amazing! I had a bit of a freak out when I saw some pink peonies in the bridesmaids flowers, I never asked for pink but they turned out great. Debbie also decorated the chapel beautifully, she even had a few logs and antique keys to fit with the Secret Garden theme set up on the registry table and I didn't even ask her for it. To top it off she gave me a key keepsake which I wore around my wrist. Thanks Debbie!
I highly recommend her, www.debbieoneill.com.au


Around 9:30am I received a message from Wayne to tell me the photographer hadn't arrived yet, and I panicked a little bit (A LOT) thinking what if he never shows up? and I started thinking of alternative photographers. I jump into conclusions all the time, I started to believe he wasn't coming at all...but...he came! he was just running late.

All the girls were ready by 10:30am and I was next in line...by then John the photographer came and started taking photos of me getting ready. My aunty and other family members came as well. When my aunty came she cried and the dominos effect kicked in, so I got teary and I was so close to balling my eyes out but I just had to control it to not mess the makeup. Mum started crying, Nana started crying...lots of mixed emotions, it was very special.

Dad came to give me a kiss on my left shoulder and said I was the prettiest bride and he was so proud of me. REALLY trying not to cry at this moment. Then he made me laugh by saying 'Now that I've seen you as a beautiful bride, I might have second thoughts in giving you away to Wayne'. Such a cheeky thing to say, very much like my Dad.

When the cars pulled up on our driveway that's when I realised it was really happening. Two ivory M7 Jags owned by our old neighbour Con who is just fantastic, Con and his dad drove us.

When I sat in the car I remember thinking that I want to remember this forever, so I tried really hard to focus. Dad and Mum were sitting next to me, calm as ever. Dad and I talked about how we were going to walk into the chapel and we chatted for ages with Con. Con kept asking me if I was nervous, and everytime he did I would get more nervous. The windows were open and the breeze was beautiful. Some were of course trying to get a glimpse of the bride in the car. But the sad thing was when people weren't looking I was trying to get them to look 'LOOK AT ME, I'M A BRIDE!!! hellooo? what is wrong with you'. I had to stop myself.

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. oooh, so exciting! I can't wait to read the next installment :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading this - What a great idea farrah!! I look forward to following you and wayne for the next year :)

    Thinking of you here in perth - Amanda Lucks

    ReplyDelete