Maid of Honour & ponderings about wedding planning


I have the absolute pleasure of being in a bridal party this year yay! which is super exciting. The bride was in fact in my bridal party too, the blondie =) tonight we went to try on some dresses for the first time.
Oh I don't think I'll ever get over planning weddings, I love it! It's seriously a secret passion of mine and I'm going through it all over again as a Maid of Honour. Though for some odd reason I seem to forget the days where I wanted to rip my hair out and give it all up haha.

The dress she picked is quite pretty and simple, she's deciding on colours and the length. I'm sure whatever she picks it will look beautiful. Would love to show you a sneak peak but she may kill me =P

While we were trying on the dresses and going over the colours a million times, I remembered my own wedding plans. I was so indecisive I just wanted everything, I wanted to do every cool idea and every colour and design. I loved it all and couldn't stick to the one theme. I spent most of my time brainstorming, looking at pretty pictures, lots of amazing weddings thinking 'I want this, and this, or maybe this' and I did very little of actual 'doing'.
In many ways, I could have saved a lot of my time but I was so stuck in that 'perfect' wedding idea and I sort of lost the meaning behind it all. Our marriage, our new lifestyle was completely blurred to me because I was so infatuated with the actual wedding planning.

But at the end of the day, it's all about the marriage. Yes, I loved the wedding planning but it shouldn't have been my number 1 priority. It created unnecessary stress for me AND I took all my frustrations out on poor Waynie about silly things we couldn't do at our wedding which was not a good start to a healthy marriage. So easy to get sucked into planning the most 'perfect' wedding. I always had to remind myself to forget about the tiny details or things we couldn't afford or things I had absolutely no time for and instead to enjoy every minute of our wedding day.

No matter how I planned the wedding and how much $$ I put into it I could see the day was perfect in the eyes of our friends and family because they simply were truly happy to see us marry! it didn't make a difference whether we were to have a 5 tier cake or a music band or more decorations. In fact I hardly looked at the details, my focus was on Wayne and so...........I've learnt my lesson :P So next time...haha okaaaaay no next times maybe when we renew our vows?

Enough ramblings for the day.

xx
Farrah

3 comments:

  1. I know what u mean Farah, I am letting silly little things get to me at the moment, with only 11 weeks left before we marry I shouldn't be causing myself undue stress. My make up artist cancelled the other night and I found myself in tears and taking it out on poor Troy. So in the long and short of it I don't think a bride will ever relax.. Hope all is well for you. Luv Kirsten xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sucks Kirsten but don't stress you've still got a bit of time, our pastor cancelled around the same time as well. Unfortunately these things happen but somehow always work out in the end. So have you found a replacement? has your makeup artist given you other recommended suppliers??
    Mine was OK, she did a good job but she talks a lot so I only recommend her if you are keen on listening to her babbling on lol. I can give you her details if you like.

    x
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky one of the guys at my work
    wife does makeup so she is going to do it for me. Things happen for a reason I guess!! Lovely to see all is well for u xx - Kirsten

    ReplyDelete