Do you think it can be done?

Wayne and I have realised how much TV uses up our time. It's just so easy to forget about our chores, and once you sit on that couch, oh no. It takes every bit of energy to stand up again and do other things.

So we've decided to set ourselves a small challenge, we're starting small because we have no idea how bad it will be, if we can achieve it we might extend it.

So the challenge is to not watch TV for a whole week. Starting from this Wednesday.
It's quite a challenge because every other night we watch at least 2 episodes of Stargate, so no more stargate. Shock Horror!

I think this will be good, it'll give us a chance to spend more quality time not just together but with others as well and most importantly more bible study. We can make extra time for our friends and family, just one hour will be great to catch up with a mate for a coffee. We can even have a few friends over to play board games instead of watching DVD's, at least this will encourage coversation.

Do you think it's a bit of a weak challenge? or do you think personally you'd find it hard? If you think it's weak maybe you should challenge us to extend it =P

We need your support!!!! and of course we'll let you know how we go.

UPDATE:

We don't actually watch TV channels, we use the TV to watch DVD's so that is our main killer. We've read your comments about it being a weak target and we've changed it for a whole month. How about that? The TV will be back on the 14th May (the day before my birthday) yaay.

11 comments:

  1. weeeeak! haha extend and ill come play board games with you :)i remember it being rather hilarious last time! im actually really excited now! woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK how much should we extend it for? a month? oh wow that would be insane. We'd have to plug it out and hide it in the garage I think lol

    BOARD GAMES - yay nerds unite. Balderdash is the best board game ever.

    http://www.bestgames.com.au/Products/Absolute-Balderdash__CGC003003.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a bit weak considering my total tv per week is around 1 hour per day for the news....but that's just me, I keep myself busy with sports etc. Good luck with it though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should just ban tv til all your work is done! Alternatively, put a tv in every room so you can watch tv & do all your chores at the same time :P X Mellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a great idea! Will be interested to see how you go ... might inspire me to try & convince T to do the same x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to stop watching TV but my Thursday night shows need me! Or maybe I need them. I hope you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin, I wish I could keep myself busy with sports but I'm not a sports person much. We don't watch tv channels, it's mainly dvd's.

    Hehe Mellie, you're a crack up.

    Donne, you should definitely try. We'll let you know how we go.

    Rachel, I think you need them lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it's a great idea. i used to do a week long fast of no 'media'. so internet, dvds, tv, radio everything. it's amazing how much you can actually think when you're not busy consuming info. haven't done it since i've been married though. our plasma broke once for a week, but we prayed real hard and it fixed itself. so didn't really get a proper break from the idiot box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you (two!)
    Good luck with it...you'll appreciate the simple life! I did an internet detox for 30 days and I survived.
    At least at the end of it, you get bragging rights! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol Ben, I'd be glad if our tv broke it would be just what we needed.

    I think an internet detox will be a million times harder as we both use it for work. Good on you for doing a 30 day detox!!! that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great idea - hope you get through it ok!

    ReplyDelete