House Update: Moroccan themed outdoor area


I hope you enjoy our house updates. We get excited by just one simple update.

They're going to be putting the doors and windows for lockup stage on Wednesday. But you never know with building, we'll stay optimistic about it.





They also finished adding our small deck which we're hoping to extend next year to make it bigger, I'd really like our deck to have a moroccan theme with patterned cushions, lanterns and rugs.

Here's my inspiration board I put together:





When friends come over for tea I'd love to use this silver tea set. How fabulous is the tea pot? it's too pretty to use.


Have these comfy star ottomans scattered around for a nice cosy evening.



And these gorgeous ceramic pieces, sigh.



I know it seems impossible to achieve all this in such a small space, but with this picture I've been inspired that anything is possible in small space. How good does it look? I love the vibrant bright colours.




I can't wait to star decorating the outdoor deck now, it's pretty exciting. Do you like? or do you think it's too much?


Pictures: Metroscope and Kasbah imports

4 comments:

  1. I love areas with a theme and I think that's a lovely theme! That tea set is lovely!! Bright colors are great outdoors but might seem overwhelming inside. So I think it's a perfect way to have your patio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Rachel, the bright colours will definitely work better outdoor than indoor.
    Before I have to remind myself to not get too excited...one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will absolutely work in a small space especially with your earthy brick & wood wall & deck.. I live in a tiny studio apartment.. You can create whatever you can dream in a small space! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement Mellie. I needed that, I sort of felt it might be wishful thinking with a small space but I think it can be done!

    ReplyDelete