Rose Street Artist Market



I finally had the opportunity to visit the Rose St artist Market on the weekend! Wayne had a guitar jam with a friend so I had a free date.
My lovely friend Yael has had a stall there for a while now and I've been meaning to visit her to see her knitting goodies.

It's a gorgeous market filled with hand made crafts from local Melbournians. I always like to encourage and support local artists and it was mind blowing to see how talented they were. It was like an etsy store, but in physical form...heaven! There's 70 stalls, a cute cafe, and the best part is that it's open every Saturday and Sunday 11am till 5pm.









I highly recommend you visit the Market if you're after unique items, accessories, clothes, designer pieces, homeware and limited edition artworks. I already got my eyes on a few items for our house.

Of course I'm going to plug Yael, I love her work and she's just the nicest person ever. She's situated in the back corner of the market and she is most certainly the knitting queen. She makes gorgeous wraps and scarfs perfect for the winter season in all sorts of colours.





I ended up chatting to a few other stall owners, feeling inspired. I want to sew, or make something. My Nana was a tailor all her life, and my Mum is also fabulous at sewing. Surely they can teach me? if they are patient enough lol.

Along with many other perks of Rose St Market, Brunswick Street is just around the corner. It only happens to be my favourite street, ever. Lots of other shops to visit (vintage goodness) and plenty of food to eat! I took my friend to eat pizza's at 'Bimbos Deluxe' a quirky pub and a semi lounge/club by night that makes delicious affordable gourmet pizzas.
This top is something my grandma would wear, but I love it - by Friends of Couture & I'm looking tired.
Here we are at Bimbos! looking at their menu.


Agnello: Tomato, mozzarella, spiced lamb, rocket, pinenuts, sultanas


Melanzana : Eggplant, fresh tomato, mozzarella, mascarpone


Both Pizza's AMAZING.

I had so much fun, it was a great day. Nothing like a bit of shopping and good food accompanied by lovely people. Write it on your calender 'Must visit Rose st artist Market' because Farrah said so =P

xx

6 comments:

  1. Love Yael's scarves and wraps! I have the Wanties over the gorgeous rusty red ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The markets look great to find something unique and un-chainstore like! :D And those pizzas look great like they have a nice, thin base.

    Love the top too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go there! It looks really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Farrah for writing about me on your blog. I'm so happy you had a good day out. It was great chatting to you on saturday. I hope to see lots of new faces at the market. Love Yael :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That market looks fab!! A visit is definitely in order next time I'm in Melbourne I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - I want the red rusty one too!

    Lorraine - love your blog, thanks for dropping by!

    R&J - Perhaps on your next planned trip, Australia should be on your agenda ;)

    Yael - It was a pleasure, and hopefully I can see you at the shirt & skirt market x

    CCG - You must visit! it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete