I suck at baking - but this recipe is easy.

Hideous picture, I know. Can't we just eat the whole thing uncooked? yum.

I love taking pictures of people when they're not ready. Haha sorry Kate.
mario tshirt = awesome. Nerd alert.

Kate is a natural model. hehehe I love you.

Wayne had a men's bbq thing on Saturday and I invited my lovely friend Kate over so we can have a baking extravaganza.
I'm not that bad, honestly sometimes I'm just un-coordinated, is that even a word? Flour and sugar all over the bench is not a good sign of good baking skills now is it? or maybe it's a sign of my passion for cooking...let's go crazy and throw flour everywhere! woo.

We ended up baking muffins, they were nom nom and so easy that even someone like me actually ended up doing okay...thanks to Kate's supervision.
Kate: "Farrah, what are you doing?"
Farrah: "I'm sifting the flour"
Kate: "In the bowl Farrah, not on the bench"
Farrah: "Oops, I knew that, I just thought the bowl was there, er, aaah"


So if you're not much of a baker, try this recipe but make sure you sift the flour where the bowl is, not where the bench top is...................................................yeah only I can do that haha.



Chocolate Fudge Muffins

300gm self-raising flour
50gm cocoa powder
220gm caster sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)
90gm butter (melted)
180ml milk
120gm sour cream
100gm milk choc chips
100gm white choc chips


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 12 muffin pans with paper muffin cases.
2. Sift all dry ingredients into large bowl.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pans
5. Bake 15-20 mins. Until cooked.

We're living temporarily in this unit, and the oven looks like it needs replacing so it took us longer than 2o mins to cook but see how you go.

I'm seriously turning into a 50s house wife.

7 comments:

  1. You should see the mess I make when I bake! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach!

    Hahaha Donna, knowing this gives me some sort of hope because you're an awesome baker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hate to say you talked yourself up a tad there farrah :P you didnt think the bowl was underneath.. you just didnt think the flour would come through when you put it in :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Kate! Clearly when it went all over the bench i was trying to cover up my lame un-coordination, 'um isn't the flour not meant to go through'

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.. silly girl.
    whatever you reckon :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm very late to read this, but chocolate fudge muffins sound amazing. I will have to try these out soon!

    ReplyDelete