I suck at baking - Part 2 (Easiest cake...ever)

YUM! Prepare yourselves for the easiest cake to make. It's so shiny after the icing melts.




LOL "It's MIIINE" Wayne adores this cake, all for him.



Ok, what is going on? I just can't stop baking. This is my new hobbie ever since the TV was packed away.

Now, I LOVE food safari, it's an aussie cooking show and my
chicken tandoori recipe is from them as well. Last week I remembered one particular recipe and I was inspired to make it. It's the EASIEST cake recipe, an Orange and Almond Flourless cake, yum yum.

I wasn't really planning on blogging about it, but I thought it's handy if there is anyone else out there new to baking like me.



It's a very moist and dense and is perfect with a nice cup of tea.

You can watch the video on how it's made
here



Recipe:

2 oranges (I used Navel oranges)
6 eggs
250g caster sugar
250g almond meal
1tsp baking powder
Extra caster sugar for dusting before baking
Icing sugar for dusting after baking
Margarine for greasing the pan (I used baking sheets)


Wash oranges and place unpeeled, in a pot of boiling water for 2 hours. Drain the water and allow the oranges to cool. This can be done ahead of time.

Preheat oven to 190°C.

Break 6 eggs into a mixing bowl or blender. Add caster sugar and beat or blend together.
Place the two oranges into the egg mix. Break up the oranges and then blend together to a smooth consistency. Add the almond meal and baking powder and blend.

Grease or add baking sheets to a 20 cm spring form baking pan and dust with caster sugar.

Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle caster sugar on top and bake for 1 hour to an hour and a half or until the top is golden brown.

Dust with icing sugar to serve. Wayne likes it cold, so we put it in the fridge for a while.



Happy Baking xx


Farrah

7 comments:

  1. OM NOm NOm NoM Nom. I loves its yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same recipe that I use! It's soooo good :D

    PS. I don't think you can say you suck at baking anymore because you clearly don't. And yes, it is addictive.

    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, that is such an easy but delicious cake! I was so happy when I stumbled upon the recipe in a Nigella cookbook as I had tried it but didn't know how to get it that moist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll definitely try this farrah! you make it sound so easy & the first pic is gorgeous and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuuum can't wait to try it! I'm gluten-free so always keen on flourless! I think I used to make something similar at a cafe I used to work at but the recipe has long since been un-remembered...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you peel the oranges before you put them in the blender?
    And what is caster sugar? Like normal white sugar?

    Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cake is amazing! I use the same recipe and gluten-free people love it but so does everyone else. Get a lot of requests for this one :)

    ReplyDelete