Easiest meal ever - Chicken creamy pasta + avacado




Sometimes when I go to restaurants/take away shops and I order a creamy pasta I always get full when I have just one bite. They pack the creamy pasta with butter, and it tastes so oily that it just makes me feel sick.

So this is our version of lite-creamy pasta that doesn't make you feel sick and it doesn't fill you up like you've eaten a giant cow. Since neither of us are expert cooks and are quite beginners, we decided to cook this the other night because it's incredibly simple.
Now this is one of those recipes where I don't really use measurements as such, I just estimate! so with the recipe below I'm trying my best to figure out how much I actually use.




For 2 people & possibly some left overs:


1 piece of chicken thigh or fillet (generous sizes otherwise make it 2 pieces)

Half an avacado

Half an Onion

1 Clove of Garlic

Pura lite - thick cream (full tub 300ml)

1 table spoon of thinly chopped parsely

White/Black pepper & Salt to season

Olive oil
Penne Pasta


Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onion, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until it starts to smell amazing.

In the mean time, prepare the penne pasta and add to boiling water in a large saucepan.


Add the chicken stirring occasionally to the onion. I like to put the cover of the saucepan now so that the chicken cooks through really well.

When the natural juices of the chicken dry up, add the parcely and let it cook for a few seconds then add the avacado and cream. Stir and season and let it simmer for a while, but not long enough to melt the avacado! Also the sauce isn't supposed to be too thick.
Add the penne pasta to the sauce and you've just made a simple & YUM dish if you love chicken and avacado...mmm best combo ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment